Having a pet at home can bring you lots of joy and pleasing moments at home. But it can be messy sometimes. So, if your carpet and rugs are on floors with pets in the home. You really need to train your cat or dog well. Otherwise, they can destroy your rug with pee stains, fabric wearing, etc. it’s really important to sterilize the whole rug to make it stain and germ free. So, a quick action and deep cleansing can really remove the stains. And the rug will look new. But make sure to never use harsh chemicals. As they can destroy the rug or carpet fibers.
However, on a base level it is so important to always buy high quality, easy to maintain rugs from rug store. Following are some amazing tips to help you remove all the stains and bad odor. Repeat the procedure until you’re fully done with cleaning.
List Of Content:
- Use Vinegar Solution To Beat The Stains
- Hydrogen Peroxide And Baking Soda Combo To Neutralize The Odor
- Wet Vacuum Cleaner For Stubborn Pet Stains
- Tools To Take Pet Waste Out Of Rugs
- Places To Buy Some High Quality Rugs
Use Vinegar Solution To Beat The Stains:
Pet stains can be of different grades. Like from minor to tough stains. So, you really need to use any quick method or hack. Here’s one great method of using vinegar. This great homemade DIY hack to clean pet stains. Thus, all you need to do is mix up 50% white vinegar and 50% water. The vinegar is potent to neutralize the bad odor. And remove the stiff stains.
- Mix up the solution in a sterile spray bottle. Shake it well.
- So, now it’s time to spray the solution on the stains. And let it soak down into the rug and rug pad.
- If the stain is on an area rug placed on a wooden floor. Then lift up the rug from the floor. Make sure to lift the rug before spraying the vinegar solution. So, your wooden floor can be protected from the moisture.
- Now you can use any smooth bristle brush to make the solution seep into rug fibers.
- Lastly, it’s time to blot down the wet area with blotting paper or paper towels. Make sure to fully dry the area rug if it is to be placed on a wooden floor.
Hydrogen Peroxide And Baking Soda Combo To Neutralize The Odor:
If the stain or bad odor is still there on the rug after a vinegar solution. So, you can use an alternative. Like an effective combination of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Thus, to wipe off the dirty stains, kill down the harmful bacterias, and neutralize the pungent odors. You can try this method on an off side of a rug. To make sure this hack will not fade the color or damage rug fibers.
- Firstly, put a significant amount of baking soda on the stained area, and fill the stain portion fully with it.
- Now mix up half a cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in 2 cups of water in a sterile spray bottle. Moreover, you can also add a teaspoon of dishwashing detergent. To have more rapid and potential results.
- It’s time to spray the solution over the baking soda. Make sure to saturate the area fully. Here again if the floor is wooden then make sure to lift the area rug to not let it damage.
- Let the solution seep down into the rug with a soft bristled brush.
- In addition, let the solution dry for an hour or two.
- Lastly, if the solution is absorbed. You will only get to see dry baking soda on the rug. Now vacuum clean this baking soda.
Wet Vacuum Cleaner For Stubborn Pet Stains:
A wet vacuum is actually a machine which flushes the rug fibers with clean water. Thus, it pulls out the dirt water. This method is super effective for pet stains. As the vet vacuum can clean deep into rug fibers. So, it will pull out the stiff resting waste particles.
This wet vacuum cleaner is costly. So, you can rent them from local hardware stores or home improvement offices. Make sure to follow the instruction guide before using;
Never use steam cleaners on pet stains. As they can permanently stamp the stain on the rug.
Tools To Take Pet Waste Out Of Rugs:
To take the pet waste out of the rug is so tough. But it can be easily done with the help of some nifty tools. Such as;
A soft bristle brush is perfect for use on rugs and carpets. So, it’s such a cost-friendly and highly efficient tool. Make sure to always use the brush in a uniform direction.
If the pet stains are old and ugly. Then for that you need a dish sponge. Thus, to loosen the grip of stains on rug fibers.
Places To Buy Some High Quality Rugs:
If you’re looking to buy red rugs of great quality with easy maintenance. However, there are 100s of different rug stores. But you need to narrow down one which suits your pocket and choice. So, here is one avenue: the Rug Gallery in the USA. This store sells top notch rugs of different colors, designs, style, and sizes. Lastly, the rugs are also a timeless addition to your home floor.
In conclusion, pets are the most beautiful addition to a family. But if you keep rugs at home it’s so tricky to maintain them with pets. So, there is always a risk of stains, fiber damage, etc. That’s why you need to keep them clean and well maintained. However, if the stains and bad odor occurs. You can follow the above amazing tips to beat down every odor and stiff stains. Like the vinegar solution, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, wet vacuums, and etc. Lastly, always make sure to buy rugs from rug stores with easy maintenance and affordability.