Geriatrics focuses on services related to health care and the overall well-being of elderly individuals. It aims at bringing about positive change for new and improved ways to deliver exceptional aged care services at home.
What Is Aged Care?
Aged care is no longer limited to clinical care in a nursing home or palliative services. Every individual has the dream of a dignified life, and they offer an integrated range of care, support, and well-being services for older Australians. This process involves developing and facilitating the care of the elderly and others with physical and mental impairments to meet their long-term care needs, improve their quality of life, and maintain their independent lifestyle.
Tailor-made Care Plans to Suit Your Lifestyle-
The Australian aged care system offers various options for each person’s varied requirements and preferences. These services, such as round-the-clock care and support, can be availed in a specially designed care home or at the convenience of your own home. Meticulously designed care plans to suit every stage of your journey-
- Residential Aged Care
- Home Care Services
- Short-Term Respite
- Retirement Living
- Ethnic Link Services
- Act Support
Types of Home Care Services-
Aged care services at home have experienced, qualified, and dedicated care workers who can visit your home and help you with housework or gardening. In addition, they can help you on your path to recovery, providing you with health care services through registered nurse visits after a hospital stay. Aged care services at home can design customized, flexible care plans that enable you to live securely and independently in the comfort of your home. A care plan is custom-designed based on a comprehensive assessment of the individual and family members, which may include demographic data as well as the medical/health history, social history, and the individual’s legal/financial background. As this primarily involves aged care, a medication profile assessment is included, covering nutritional requirements, etc.
Some of the benefits of aged care services at home-
- An experienced, dedicated case manager
- Skilled and trustworthy caretakers
- An after-hours on-call service
- Set-up fees are not applicable. Affordable hourly rates.
The competent care team offers a range of services designed specifically to suit your requirements whilst retaining your freedom. They endeavour to help you maintain your independence for as long as possible.
Residential aged care facilities form an essential part of Australia’sAustralia’s healthcare system, providing around-the-clock supervision to older people who cannot live independently or care for themselves owing to complex health or mental conditions. Generally, these residential aged care homes receive government funding and are accredited by the responsible government body, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission). Opting for a residential aged care home will make your near and dear ones blend into a newly found, vibrant, closely knit community equipped with a qualified and caring team providing the personal attention they deserve. The aged care residential homes spread across five locations in Western and Northern Adelaide are designed to suit all budgets and needs. Some of their salient features are listed below-
- A dedicated team offers round-the-clock nursing support and access to allied health professionals, ensuring that the residents receive high-quality support in times of emergency.
- Inmates of residential aged care are assisted in maintaining and improving their quality of life. They provide nutritious food per recommended dietary requirements, personal and clinical care for dementia care and palliative care, and activities to support overall well-being.
- The services described above can be provided for short-term (respite care) and long-term care as permanent residents.
Which Type of Aged Care Service Is Most Suitable?
Individuals requiring support and care for routine daily tasks which cannot be dealt with at home could be eligible for government-funded residential aged care services. This condition could arise out of physical infirmity or reduced cognitive ability. Professional care managers assist in determining the eligibility by scrutinizing the below-mentioned criteria-
- Level of assistance needed with everyday routine tasks
- Individuals aged 65yrs or above (50yrs or above for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people)
- Screening, arranging and monitoring specific in-home assistance services
- Reviewing the applicant’s financial, legal, or medical background
- Providing crisis intervention
- Acting as a liaison for communicating with the family members of the applicant
- Offering counselling or therapy services.
Aged care services at home are constantly endeavouring to enrich lives and improve the well-being of individuals facing mental health issues, people with disabilities, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. With decades of industry experience in aged care services at home and over a centenary of community care, this not-for-profit organization believes in respect, compassion, and justice for all.