People must have a healthy lifestyle and prioritize their dietary intake. Lack of Vitamin D can hinder the development of the individual. People who experience muscle weakness and bone pain should consult the best general physician in Lahore.
Vitamin D deficiency can affect bodily functions and cause hindrance in movement. People with vitamin D deficiency require medical attention to prevent developmental problems. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from vitamin D deficiency; however, the treatment can help in smooth recovery without further complications.
The symptoms that correlate with Vitamin D deficiency include:
- The person cannot move due to bone pain. It affects bodily movements, and the individual cannot complete everyday tasks. It causes the person to become inactive and anxious.
- The person suffers from muscle weakness, which can lead to pain and discomfort.
- The person remains lethargic, which can affect productivity and relationships. It can affect personal and professional life.
- The individual may exhibit symptoms of cardiovascular disease, which can affect physical health and increase the chances of stroke.
- The person suffers from the symptoms of asthma and related complications. The shortness of breath can affect performance and cause anxiety.
The known cause of Vitamin D deficiency include:
- The lack of sunlight exposure can hinder the physical development of the individual. Children must play outdoors to prevent vitamin D deficiency. Adults should spend time outdoors in the early morning to avoid vitamin D deficiency and enhance their physical health.
- Children and Adults with poor dietary intake are at a higher risk of suffering from vitamin D deficiency. People must include citric juices, meat, eggs, and tuna in their daily diet to prevent the deficiency.
- The increase in the melanin pigment can cause vitamin D deficiency.
The complications associated with vitamin D deficiency include:
- It can affect bone development. Children suffering from vitamin D deficiency are more lily to have soft bones, which can increase the chances of fractures.
- Without treatment, it can lead to low calcium and phosphate in the body that can hinder the functioning of the vital organs.
The preventive measures that can help avoid vitamin D deficiency include:
- Children must drink milk and eat cheese daily to improve vitamin D absorption in the body, as it is necessary for bone development.
- People must have sunlight exposure to prevent vitamin D deficiency.
- Adults should use vitamin supplements daily.
The 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood tests help detect abnormally vitamin D levels. If the levels are below 12 ng/mL, it confirms that the individual is suffering from vitamin D deficiency and related complications.
The specialist will prescribe the individual vitamins to balance the bodily functions. People at a higher risk of vitamin D deficiency should prioritize and focus on their diet. Also, people should avoid applying a lot of sunscreens, as it can affect vitamin D absorption.
The foods that are rich sources of vitamin D include; mushrooms, cod liver oil, egg yolks, soy milk, orange juice, cheese, tuna, and salmon. Caregivers should monitor the diet of the child. Parents must monitor their diet to enhance their physical and psychological development.
People who exhibit symptoms of vitamin D deficiency should consult a competent and reliable general physician in Karachi. The doctor will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the illness and identify the exact cause. The specialist will provide guidance regarding the most effective and latest treatment plan. Additionally, the physician will guide the patient regarding the lifestyle changes and dietary intake that can prevent further complications and delay the recovery. It will help the person function adequately, become productive, and grow personally and professionally.