Do you often have to wait while watching a movie so that it can stop buffering? Does file downloads take ages to get completed? Well, these are all signs of a not-so-good internet connection. To take care of the problem, we recommend that you perform Netgear router setup in your home. By doing Netgear Nighthawk setup, you will be able to gain access to a seamless internet connection on every device that you want.
In this article, we have talked about two different methods through which installing a Netgear WiFi router is possible. Thus, it’s time to quit waiting and get down to reading.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup via Manual Method
Reports have said that users find the manual method very long to execute. However, they have also said that it is the easiest one as compared to other methods.
Taking this review into consideration, it is recommended that you follow the below-given instructions in order to manually set up your Netgear Nighthawk device:
- Unpack your Netgear wireless router.
- Locate a power socket near your existing modem.
- Once found, plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into it.
- Hit the power button.
- Hold on for some time.
- Connect the router and modem using any source of connection.
- Switch on your laptop and open any random web browser on it.
- Gain access to the address bar and enter 192.168.16.1 in it.
- Once done, press the Enter key.
- Within seconds, the login window will pop up.
- Fill in the required admin login details.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Before you even know it, the Netgear router wizard will appear.
- Walk through the instructions displayed on the wizard.
Make sure that you follow the instructions very carefully; otherwise, you won’t take much time to get stuck with Netgear router setup issues.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup via Nighthawk App
Do you prefer using a mobile phone for every little online task? Well, in that case, this method is perfect for you to set up the router. In this method, all you need to do is, download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device and follow a few steps.
To know what we are talking about in detail, it is recommended that you follow the steps mentioned here:
- Unlock your phone.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- This process can be executed if you go to the Play Store or App Store.
- Once the application gets installed, create a Netgear account.
- Done with that too? Well then, now, you need to do routerlogin.
- That can be done using the default admin login credentials.
- On the BASIC Home screen, follow the on-screen prompts.
- With that, the router setup process via the Nighthawk app has come to an end.
FYI, many users experience issues while setting up their routers. To ensure that you do not get entangled in the same web of issues, we have given some points below for you to read.
- Check the power socket that has been given the responsibility of supplying power to your Netgear Nighthawk router. Is it in a good condition? If not, make sure it is.
- In case an Ethernet cable has been used by you to create a connection between your devices, see to it that it has no deep cuts on it.
- Regardless of the web browser that you are using for the setup process, it should be functioning only on its latest version.
- The web address of your Netgear Nighthawk router ought to be inserted in the web address field of the browser and not the search bar.
- Avoid entering the wrong admin login credentials to access the Netgear router setup wizard. In case you want help confirming them, refer to the user manual.
- Last, but not least, smart home appliances should be kept at a distance from your Netgear router. Also, utensils containing water should not be kept near it.
Setting up a Netgear Nighthawk router is an excellent way to gain access to a super-fast internet connection in your home. Hopefully, after following the guidelines given in this article, you were able to set up a Netgear router with ease.
Which was the method that was easy for you to execute? Do share it with your fellow readers via the comment section.