Having the QuickBooks license key on hand and storing it safely is essential to the success of any restructuring. If the only change is reinstalling the software or installing it on a new computer, the continuity of QuickBooks data is essential. Your business can suffer if even one part of its operations and records is lost. Additionally, it could result in you getting in trouble with the authorities. It’s the way you acquired the key that is problematic, since there are multiple licenses. The best way would be to buy the hey directly from Intuit, making method 5 the best option. This is how to recover the QuickBooks license key.
1. Generally, QuickBooks license keys are found on labels or in e-mails
Regardless of whether you purchased the license digitally or from a reseller, it will be in the original confirmation email. Those who purchased the license physically in a retail store will find the license key printed on the packaging. Directly above the barcodes and product key are the two barcodes. License number has 4 sets of 4 digits separated by dashes.
2. Sign in to the Customer Account Management Portal
Are you using QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Plus, Enterprise, or Point of Sale? Intuit’s website provides access to the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMP). Follow these instructions correctly how to find license number in quickbooks to recover the license key through CAMPs:
- Click here to visit the CAMPs page.
- After entering your e-mail address or User ID, click Continue.
- Tip: If you’re having trouble logging in, see our “how to recover QuickBooks account” guide.
- Click here to enter your password.
- From the home page, select your QuickBooks product.
- Clicking on the product name in the Products & Services table will open a new window with licences for it.
- Note: Click on your current profile in the top right corner if you have multiple businesses. Then, choose another profile or QuickBooks account.
3. The License Lookup tool can be used to recover the QuickBooks license key
QuickBooks license or product numbers were requested repeatedly, so Intuit developed a utility to locate them. In addition, they have a permanent record of your user data, so as long as you didn’t buy the product through a third party, no matter when or how you purchased it. In order to retrieve the QuickBooks license key using this online tool, follow these steps:
- Check out QuickBooks’ License Look Up tool.
- Select a method: email or phone.
- Select Find license and product number from the menu.
- In either case, you will receive the license key to the e-mail address associated with your QuickBooks account.
4. DAT file recovery for QuickBooks license keys
On Windows, QuickBooks Desktop stores licenses in a single file. There is no information about whether this exists or can be accessed on Mac. With that in mind, here’s how to find the QuickBooks registration DAT file:
- Launch Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Enter the following path in the address bar: C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- The tip. You might not be able to access the ProgramData folder. Follow the steps in our guide on recovering hidden files from a Pen drive to make it appear.
- Select qbregistration.dat from the right-click menu.
- Select a text editor, such as Notepad, by clicking Open with.
- Search for the license key in the text file.
5. Contact Customer Support
Please don’t hesitate to ask for help if you’re struggling – as a customer, you have the right to it. To get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Service, you can do so in two ways:
1. From the product
Launch QuickBooks Desktop, then do this:
- Please open the Help menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help from the menu.
- Click on Contact Us.
- Please describe your issue in as many words as you can*.
- Please click on Let’s talk.
- Select whether you’d like to Chat or receive a Callback.
- Please make sure that both are done within the following business hours. Proceed immediately to be placed in the queue.
2. From their website
Visit QuickBooks’ Contact Us page and then:
- Choose a product name and edition.
- Click Continue to describe your situation in up to 170 characters.
- Make another choice between Chat and Callback.
In this article, You would easily know how to store and find Quickbook license key in your device or computer.