QuickBooks Error 6073 occurs when a user tries to open a company file. QuickBooks Error Code 6073 indicates that QuickBooks accounting software is unable to open the company file. According to the notification, another user may have opened the company file.
Cause of QuickBooks Error Code 6073
The following factors can cause error 6073.
- This problem may be caused by users opening the same file in single-user mode.
- The problem is likely to occur if the user saves the file in a read-only folder.
- A corrupted network data file increases the likelihood of a problem.
- There was a renaming and extension change to a file.
The steps to fix Quickbooks Error 6073
Follow these steps to fix Quickbooks Error 6073:
Sol 1: Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor.
The Quickbooks file doctor tool can be used to eliminate the error, and if the user is unsure how to use it, they can follow these instructions.
- Firstly, the user must download the tool and save it in a folder they can easily access.
- To access the Company file issue section, the user must open the tool after it has been installed.
- Users will now be able to run Quickbooks file doctor by selecting the option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Company file. Additionally, the user can explore the company file.
- The user must now click on the file’s middlebox and then the proceed button.
- After completing the preceding steps, the user must enter the Quickbooks admin password and select the next option.
Sol 2: Activating QuickBooks Multi-user mode
You can enable QuickBooks multi-user mode on all of your devices by following these steps.
- All devices must be shut down before Quickbooks can be used.
- The user must then access the company file on the host device.
- The user must now select Switch to multi-user mode from the File menu.
- Before restarting all of their devices, the user must activate the mode.
These solutions can assist you in troubleshooting QuickBooks problem 6073 when trying to open a company file.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6073?
QuickBooks issue 6073 can be identified by the following symptoms:
- The QuickBooks error message 6073 appears immediately on the screen.
- The problem prevents users from viewing the company file.
- Active windows crash when QB error 6073 is introduced.
- There were times when the computer would freeze for a few seconds.